Do You Need a Sensible Meal Solution?
- Stressed about finding time to cook on a weeknight?
- Concerned about eating well?
- Confused about making a fresh start this month, and every month?
- Worried about supporting your busy lifestyle and doing the right thing for your family?
Welcome to the challenges that just about everyone faces these days. We want more energy, stronger bodies, and better health. We want it fast and we want it easy. A sensible solution is hard to find when we are suspicious of media hype about the next new diet, bogged down trying to interpret labels at the grocery store and feeling unsure of our skills to plan and prepare nutritious meals in our own kitchen.
Mediterranean is a Sensible Solution!
Mediterranean Style is a way to cut through hype and concentrate on what matters on grocery store food labels. It’s an eating strategy that will help you feel comfortable about planning basic, easy meals to take the pressure off. It’s a way of life that feeds your body with energy, strength and whole health.
10 Quick & Easy Mediterranean Style Meals!
Here’s your starting point for success in the kitchen, Mediterranean Style. Make a grocery list from the meals below and then give it a try at home. Enjoy new flavors, combinations and textures. Fortunately, today we can find nearly all of these foods in our American grocery stores and farm markets. So, we can relax more at meal time.
Tip: Keep on hand for seasoning: McCormick’s Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder, Other Seasoning Grinders you like, Tabasco, Black Pepper Grinder, Jar of Basil Pesto, Fresh Lemons or Limes
Tip: If you are cooking for one, then notice the items marked with * come in a single-serving pack/pouch. If you are cooking for more than one, you may get a better price when you buy a larger container.
- Minute Rice 5-Grain or Brown/Wild Rice Cup* + Tuna/Salmon in a pouch* or Canned oysters/sardines + Dried Apricots
- Canned Chick Peas + Whole grain tortilla wrap with Sliced Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Arugula, Flavored Light Cream Cheese + Blueberries
- Omelet with Fresh Herbs + Whole grain crackers or Whole wheat pita bread + Yogurt* with berries and cinnamon (see photo above)
- Canned Lentil Soup* + Cheese sandwich with Leaf Lettuce and Tomato on whole grain bread/wrap + Kiwi fruit
- Canned Chicken* + Minute Rice 5-Grain or Brown/Wild Rice Cup* + Fresh spinach + Canned peaches or pears*
- Vegetarian Pizza, ready to heat, with Green Salad or Coleslaw + Orange
- Vegetarian Refried Beans spread on Corn Tortillas + Cheese* + Salsa + Grapes
- Hummus* with Raw Veggies to Dip* + Cherry tomatoes + Peanuts/Mixed Nuts/Any Nuts*
- Peanut or Almond Butter* with Banana + Oatmeal cup* + Vanilla Yogurt*
- Canned Kidney or Black Beans + Tomato sauce* + Chili seasoning mix + Avocado + Seasonal Melon
Cooking in the Mediterranean Style!
Mediterranean is one of the most delicious and healthful cuisines of the world. Cooking in the Mediterranean style is something everyone can learn to do. How? By signing up for a Mediterranean Style Nutrition Skills Boot Camp. You will feel better as you learn, taste, and enjoy.
Which quick and easy Mediterranean meal will you make?